Features of all Java Versions:
* Version 1.0 :
* Netscape 2.0-4.0 included Java 1.0.
* Microsoft and other companies licensed Java.
* Version 1.1 :
* Improvements include better event handling, inner classes, improved JVM.
* Microsoft developed its own 1.1. compatible Java Virtual Machine for the Internet Explorer.
* Many browsers in use are still compatible only with 1.1.
* Swing packages of greatly improved graphics became available during this time but not included with the core language.
* Version 1.2, also called the Java 2 Platform
* Code and tools distributed as The Software Development Kit (SDK)
* Java Foundation Classes (JFC), based on Swing, for improved graphics and user interfaces, now included with the core language.
* Collections API included support for various lists, sets, and hash maps.
* Version 1.3:
* Performance enhancements including the Hotspot virtual machine.
* Version 1.4:
* Improved IO, XML support, etc.
* Version 5.0 :
* Faster startup and smaller memory footprint
* Formatted output
* Improved multithreading features
* Version 6.0 :
* Pluggable Annotation Processing API (JSR 269)
* Common Annotations (JSR 250)
* Java API for XML Based Web Services - 2.0 (JSR 224)
* JAXB 2.0 (JSR 222)
* Web Services Metadata (JSR 181)
* Streaming API for XML (JSR 173)
* XML Digital Signature (JSR 105)
* Java Class File Specification Update (JSR 202)
* Java Compiler API (JSR 199)
* JDBC 4.0 (JSR 221)
* Scripting in the Java Platform (JSR 223)
Thanx , Group Co-Ordinators